The Foundation began as a support group for several parents who had children on the Autism Spectrum and were concerned with the lack of diagnostic and treatment services available in the islands. As our monthly meetings progressed, it became clear that we needed to expand the group to include and provide support of children living with other areas of special needs.
The primary focus of the Foundation is to advocate for individuals and families and ongoing education of the public about the needs of the special needs community. With growth, we will endeavour to work with professionals, providers and policy makers to ensure that needed services and options are available throughout the lifespan of people diagnosed with any kind of special needs.
The Foundation believes that all children with special needs should have a voice, be given the same opportunities as all children and be able to develop their maximum potential.
We are guided by a Board of Directors, composed primarily of parents, plus a host of volunteers and respected professionals who generously donate their time and efforts to increasing awareness, and providing expertise and guidance to the organization.
We are dedicated to the development and provision of appropriate and comprehensive support services for persons with special needs by utilizing all available resources so these individuals will reach their maximum potential and become valuable members of society.
- Early identification and intervention are crucial to the long-term prognosis of children with special needs.
- We should have a voice.
- Our children should be given the same opportunities as all children.
- Every individual has a right to develop to his/her maximum potential.
- Children with special needs can become valuable members of society when given the tools to succeed.
- To provide a voice for those who do not have their own.